The Beach Coach...

My name is Tricia Bard, & I'm a Beach Coach... I enjoy living at the beach and working in my flip flops (those darned high heels are just too uncomfortable with sand in them!)... I come and go as I please. I invite my own money to myself. I get paid for thinking, and I think abundantly. I get paid for making a difference... I help others break-free from ordinary and break-through to extraordinary... Perhaps I can be of service to you as well...

Friday, June 09, 2006

Well, cripes... what a hoot!

Well, cripes... We didn't make that Hoot movie after all.

Some of you know we have been building a house for the past two years (that's a whole other story that I won't even bore you with the details, except just two or three- we fired our builder, Bill fell off our 13-foot deck and broke his back, Bill lost 20 pounds and gave it to me somehow, I got hospitalized for 24 hours with heart attack symptoms (turns out I have Mitral Valve Prolapse, which won't kill me, thank God!), and I got shingles- yipes!), and that doggoned house interfered again.

Bill and I had the brilliant idea that we would finish our hardwood floors ourselves, so we did. Five coats of finish later (check out this- gorgeous finish that looks hand-rubbed).... don't even ask... The movie took a lower priority to the case of dermatitis I got from using mineral spirits to tack the floors, which then led to a rash that covered from the tops of my legs to my neck. I promise I am not making this up!

So instead of the movies, I was wearing a muu-muu (I can't even spell it!) and scratching like crazy. OK, I know I gained 20 pounds, but good grief- wearing a muu-muu (or is it moo-moo) is really embarrassing.

Maybe the movies next weekend...

The good news is the floors are beautiful. Check out our pics- see the 105 21st St album

Oh, and our dishwasher doesn't fit in the cabinet. Lovely. It's my fault, and I'm not even going to explain how I screwed up there. So it's either cut the cabinet or get the dish drawers we were originally planning to get anyway.

Right now, I'm not even going to think about it. I am going to drink a glass of wine and watch the sunset from our 'new' deck. Maybe two...

This should be interesting- I haven't had a drop to drink in a week- I've been on this new diet. Hey, I lost 5 pounds. I'll fill you in on the new diet later- it's actually pretty painless. So if I remember after my 2 glasses of wine, I'll fill you in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home