The Beach Coach...

My name is Tricia Bard, & I'm a Beach Coach... I enjoy living at the beach and working in my flip flops (those darned high heels are just too uncomfortable with sand in them!)... I come and go as I please. I invite my own money to myself. I get paid for thinking, and I think abundantly. I get paid for making a difference... I help others break-free from ordinary and break-through to extraordinary... Perhaps I can be of service to you as well...

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

My Daughter... The Star!

Well almost! Alana is a freelance documentary film producer, currently producing 'First 48' for A&E, one of their top ranked shows. Too cool!

Season Four of "The First 48" begins airing this Thursday, June 15, at 9pm Eastern on A&E. The first episode is called "Loved to Death/Unmasked."

Starting with the premiere, almost every new episode should have a Memphis case in it that Alana shot and field produced (Yay! She's excited and we're proud!!).

Alana thinks the Memphis detectives are really great... In fact, not too long ago, she made them this banana pudding which is so good you'll want to die for it... whoops, bad pun, since she follows these detectives around filming MURDERS! I couldn't do it- I would faint. But anyway, Alana had 'experienced' this to-die-for banana pudding at Magnolia's Bakery in NYC, and then found the recipe on the Net. She made it for us, too, on a visit home- that's where 5 of those 20 pounds came from!

I swear- it's so sinfully scrumptious you won't believe it! Just thinking about it makes me gain back the 5 pounds I lost... which I still promise to share how I did it. Not right now, though- business is cranking, and I need to go take care of that.

Just made our reservations for the end of August for the RiverPalmCottages Alana's fiance Ryan's Grandma's 80th birthday shindig, and I'm excited. The property was condemned, and 5 years ago, the new owners bought it and restored to its Old Florida glory. We'll (Bill, Gaga, and me) be in Unit #20- one of only 3 that still has the original Dade pine floors (the others were damaged beyond repair)- unfortunately, the Dade pine tree is now extinct. What a shame- these floors are absolutely gorgeous.

But anyway, this will be a much needed vacation, if Bill is OK to travel after his knee surgery coming up next week. He'll have physical therapy up to 3 months afterward, depending on what they find in the 'exploratory' surgery. Guess who will be driving him around- since it's his right knee. Plus he's not a good patient.

Don't you just hate that word 'exploratory'- makes you feel real confident about the doc 'exploring' parts of your body, best left alone. They're talking things like microfracture (can you spell 'breaking bones'?!) and cutting out bone from other parts of his knee and implanting bits and pieces. Of course, this is the worst case scenario- but even that is better than the tumor they thought he had originally. Thank you, dear God!!

Yahoo- John just showed up!! He's been on vacation and at work for the last 3 weeks, and we missed him. John is our amazing friend (and airline pilot with Bill at bankrupt Northwest Airlines) and has been helping us TREMENDOUSLY since we fired our builder. John and his wife Joyce are the salt-of-the-earth kind of people you appreciate so much having as friends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home