The Beach Coach...

My name is Tricia Bard, & I'm a Beach Coach... I enjoy living at the beach and working in my flip flops (those darned high heels are just too uncomfortable with sand in them!)... I come and go as I please. I invite my own money to myself. I get paid for thinking, and I think abundantly. I get paid for making a difference... I help others break-free from ordinary and break-through to extraordinary... Perhaps I can be of service to you as well...

Thursday, July 06, 2006

We do rock. Yea!!!

Wow, we had a hot Fourth. No rain here that I can remember (except some sprinkles a few months ago) since Christmas! According to the newspaper, this is the driest year on record for our county since 1940. I didn't really even want to leave my house on the Fourth- there are lots of woods around us, and I was fearful of someone catching them on fire with a few home-blown fireworks. But all is well...

I have been 'lobbying' for years for a Whole Foods or Fresh Market or one of those types of wonderful stores to open in our area, and I had great news yesterday. FreshMarket is coming 15 minutes from my home. Yahoo!! In fact, I found a Mango Salsa recipe on their website that I'm making tonight to accompany grilled fish.

Speaking of food, we've done nothing but eat for the past few days. We've had family and friends visiting at various times over the Fourth weekend, and I dread to get on the scales again.

My Tri-Sigma sorority 'big sister' from FSU was in town, so we got to spend some time together. Hadn't seen her in 5 years, so it was really fun to catch up (and eat together!).

One recipe I found in this month's Coastal Living magazine is the best version of this dish I've ever tasted- Low-Country Shrimp and Grits with Vidalia Mustard Greens. The addition of mustard greens and sausage made it very scrumptious. We actually had enough left over to have it for breakfast the next two mornings (poached eggs on top were so.o.o.o...... good!). We made Bar-B-Qued Oysters on the grill, as an appetizer for this meal. They were to die for!

Kim Klaver has just started a new topic on her blog, and I find it very interesting- The Top 40 Network Marketing companies, according to Alexa's Traffic ranking.

The ranking is based on the number of visitors to company sites, tracked weekly by Alexa, the #1 traffic ranker on the Internet. The number to the right of each company's name is its Alexa rank. The lower the number, the better. I'm delighted to say that the company I'm affiliated with is near the top of the list!

I usually am not impressed with these types of lists, for various reasons. However, what I find so significant about Kim's list is the credibility it lends to the Network Marketing Industry. According to what Kim says, the top 7 companies outrank GNC (9,899), and Whole Foods (10,685), and the top eight outrank Trader Joe's (20,344). The top 10 NM companies on this list attract more visitors than the WalMart site at 23,456.

This, in my mind, shows that many people want to know about these companys' products, and their career alternatives.

As Kim says, "We do rock. Yea!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home